Well my friends, we made it through another year. I can definately say it was a rollercoaster of a year but now that its over I can look forward to the next.
I continued to live out on my own, my relationship of 3 years crumbled into dust, and I still slaughter the stupid in the lands of Azeroth. I'm back playing hockey, and running on the exercise bike, eating a bit healthier, and starting in the new year, hitting the gym. A new job and rekindling friendships with friends who I haven't been out with in a while. When you look at it, with the exception of the break up, things were alright. So, to the New Year, and hopes that I can purge the bad memories from my mind and forever remember the good times.
By far the biggest thing of the New Year, is the fact that we didn't spend it at the Hospital this year, and it makes me feel so great knowing that my dad is still with us. I can toast to that, even if I am sitting here by myself. Thank you dad, for being strong and never giving up.
We had quite the night. Eso/Anita's house was the destination for fun tonight. It delivered. Having a bunch of friends in town for the holidays coming by, and just being surrounded by all my friends, I was happy. That and the fact that I was drinking. Had a fantastic dinner at Eso's folks place to start the night too.. Screenshots of me eating Lobster, Salad, Asparagus, and Mushrooms to boot to follow /lawls. Regardless, the night consisted of steady drinking from 9:45ish until 7:30am for me, and 9:30am for the last few survivors. Others took to the roads early, surfed it up or just went home to be with their. We had a few random visitors throughout the night too. My younger brother was partying next door (The whole town to party at, and we end up next door to each other). So, he came by and wished us Happy New Years and whatnot which was good to see.
So, I can only hope this year holds better fortune relationship wise for me. I do hope to find that special someone, and while I am quite patient, part of me really doesn't like being alone. Don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean I'll settle for anyone, it just means that I have a few extra demons to face during the days/nights.
I hope to get back into shape, and I mean really into shape. I want to look good, and feel good, and the only way I am going to do that is to work hard, and eat right. I can do this, I know I can.
So my friends, I thank you again for being there to support me during my times of need. (Yes, yes, I know there are a lot of them) I shall repay the favors someday, fear not. I wish you all the best in the new year, and hope that those of us who could not be together for the holidays because of school, work or family, can make it back to us someday and we can share a drink together.
Lets make this new year count my friends. Seize the day and don't hold back!
Cheers!
-Ryan Last, Exiled.
To be with me is... Rapture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment