when we must stand and survive.
Ahh, Dragonforce, how I love thee. Fields of Despair may be an emo song by most, but by god it is a great song, great instruemental, and all around a great adrenaline pumper for me atleast. By far one of my most favorite with Starfire right beside it (I love Starfire, but Fields of Despair is just.. wow)
So, my life, yes, yes, I know I haven't been posting nearly as much as I have in my emo state, and I suppose that is a good thing. Some saw this site as a crutch to help me cope with things of the past, and now for me, it is a place where I can just let out all thats happened, accomplishments that I deem to be quite important in my life.
We've had some interesting events the last week or so.. Lets see. Our adventure takes place two weeks ago, when our plans for a trip to Terrace for an Ice Cream cake were thwarted by the evil lack of a babysitter for Ariana. Pwned in the face, yes sir! Anyways, yes, onwards with the story. We decided that we would attempt the trip again last week, and this time we made it on the road. Terrace was good, a little cold, but good nonetheless. We did a bit of shopping, had a drink at Boston Pizza. /lovemeteorpizza. Oh, and a piercing for a certain somebody. Anyways, yeah, so we spent the greater portion of the afternoon there, and we decided after hitting Canadian Tire that it was time to go home. So, halfway to home, the Radiator Coolant hose breaks a leak and we are stranded 1/2 way home.. which, you all know is out of cell phone signal range... its practically the deadzone. Regardless, darkness crept up on us, and before we knew it we were chilaxing on the side of the road, in the cold, with a car that just didnt want to get up and go. Thanks to a few very nice citizens, we were able to get home after one gentlemen got ahold of Eso and he was able to come out and rescue us, so to speak =D. The Tow-truck got the car home, and we all rejoiced, and there was very little ice cream cake eatage... /grumble. However! the cake did survive the near 5 hours out of the freezer.. Alas, the Dilly bars... not so much. Though, they were still edible.
That was Saturday. Sunday however, for me atleast was a much nicer and life-altering day.
Our heroes start their day in the wilderness of Kloya Bay. So, Anita and I decide that we are gonna go check out Kloya Bay, it was a really nice day, and I hadn't recalled being down at Kloya ever.. My parents assure me I did once before, but that was when I was 5. /shrug. Maybe my balding nature is getting in the way of my memory. Regardless, while at Kloya Bay, Anita made mention she really wished she could go kayaking.. Now, those who know me, know that I have a fear of water.. I can't even dunk my head in the water anymore, once it hits my neck I panic.. crazy eh? Well, here's the really crazy part. Out of my mouth, I say "Lets do it then, lets go Kayaking"... /le gasp. Anita seemed pretty excited, and I was pretty stoked, because Kayaking is one of those things you dont really expect to do, given my situation, but I'll be damned if I pass up an opportunity again. Within 45minutes, we had Kayaks out at Kloya, suited up and getting in the water.
All I can say is WOW, what an experience. Kayaking is such a great, relaxing, and truly epic time. I enjoyed every minute out on the water, and endless smile I haven't had on my face in years, many years. Regardless, probably the highlight of the year for me. Hockey games are truly great, don't get me wrong, and I loved watching the sharks play, but man... on that water, a whole different ballgame my friends. The water was calm, like kayaking on crystal. Not a single wave, ripple, or break in the water's surface. We had a seal following us the duration of our Kayak. We named him SealzOrz. Towards the end, we actually had him circling us, popping up relatively close and just yelling stuff at us, in seal language. Alas, this isn't Everquest, I dont know how to speak Seal.
All in all that was a great day, that far outweighed the 3 hours of cold that the skeena brought upon us. I am definately going to be getting out onto the water more that much is apparent. I sit back and look at how the last few years, I wouldn't even go on a sailboat, but yet here I am Kayaking... Lawls, funny how that is eh?
Anyways, that was last week, this weekend is a bit more relaxing, NID day on Friday, I get to relax and get rid of my cold. Saturday shall be cleaning and drinking, and sunday... oh yes... Sunday. The Tournament is over, and I will be playing hockey again. /cheer.
Now, the real treat.. Next week! Ooooh man next week.
Friday: The day starts off at 7am. Myself and Mistress Anita are taking a trip up to Shames Mountain. Yes, you heard me correctly. Shames Mountain. A place that I said I would never go up on, I am going. Snowboarding here I come. Skiing for Anita.. Though she assures me I am making a huge mistake by Snowboarding... Frankly I welcome the pain. So yeah, the whole day is up on Shames, melting our own faces and having a great time. I can't wait. Mr. Hikida's class is up there with us, it should be good. The kids really get along well with me, and listen quite well.
Saturday: The Teacher's Curling Bonaspiel.. /cheer.
Team Makeup: Nina leads, Ryan Destroys, Anita pwns, and Eso stands and yells HURRRAY! really loud, while twofisting Coors Light. Yes yes.. It shall be good.
Now, of course, we'll be a little hurt from the day before of Skiing, but I think we can do well. I've got a bit of practice from Valentine's day Curling that Anita went to. Man... Valentine's day, what a great day to curl. Heheh.
Anyways, thats about all I got in the tank in terms of writing. So I will leave y'all with that.
The link below is to my images, I will have the Kayaking ones up later tonight I hope.
http://s130.photobucket.com/albums/p271/Rygasm/
So yeah, enjoy my friends, and I shall see you as time goes on.
-Ryan Last. I am Oblivion!
To be with me is... Rapture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Its a BONSPIEL you nub!
Post a Comment