Sunday, May 3, 2009

Past memories... unexpected surprises.

It's always funny when you think on the past, and realize that you forget minor details that might not seem so minor when they occurred. I went over to my folks place tonight and found my dad was clearing out the storage above. I had a box or two in there from the past, and was given the chance to rummage through it and decide what I was going to keep.

I came across a few things that I really didn't expect to see... EVER. My prom was an interesting time for me, and I didn't expect to come across a card from my prom date at the time, or even a few pictures that were taken when we came by the house that night. (You know how parents are... always wanting pictures)

Anyways, it was a bit of a shock to see those pictures, because those memories were for the most part faded from my mind. I could recall bits and pieces but not everything. Amazingly, in one single moment of gazing into those pictures, the memories came flooding back, and truth be told almost felt like an intrusion of my own self... it was weird.

I don't even know why I am writing about that, just felt like something to write about. I found a few other things in there. Poetry from grade school and high school, stories, trophies, and awards. I was quite sad to throw away most of my trophies and medals and whatnot, as they did have value for me. Unfortunately material items don't have a place in my life at the moment. Much to my dismay.

I am hoping to head back into work very soon. Maybe if I get a call on Tuesday I'll be back to work. I hope. I went down to Maintenance too and talked to Frank about work in the summer. That's a huge weight lifted off my own self.

Now to the present:

I have a little less than 3 weeks til I leave for PG. I am still just as excited (if not more) than when I found out that I had the chance to go visit you! Woot Woot! It has been far too long, and I think getting to visit and hang out and rock the town will be hella-wicked! So yes... 3 weeks... almost there.

I MIGHT have to bus though... /tears. K hurt herself and is doubtful if she's going back to Kelowna. Her boyfriend still will I am sure, but whether or not I can accompany still is up in the air. I do hope so though. It does save a lot. Either way I will be going to PG and I will make it to come visit!

I finished school. I gotta admit I did A LOT better this year than when I was in Kelowna! Hahah. I was able to snag an A in English too! Yaaaaaa me! Now, to sit tight and wait for next year! :P

Anywho, that's about it. Just figured I'd type a bit before bed. G'night friends and as always, take care.