Thursday, September 13, 2007

A Long Overdue Entry.

Well Blog, its me again. Hope you weren't too lonely while I was away gallivanting.

Things have been alright. I was a little disappointed yesterday when I found out that my position at Kanata wasn't given the hours, so they couldn't keep me. It hurt to have to tell the kids, especially the ones I helped last year, that I wasn't coming back. I am sure they'll find someone great though.

I just got back from Prince George. I took another trip to see Rachel and hang with Ric/Jane and friends, and I definitely had a blast. Spent a lot of time with them, despite the three of em all being sick. Rachel worked, but even that didn't put much of a dent into the week. We drank, danced, watched a bunch of movies and just relaxed. It was bliss.

I find myself really liking Rachel though. A beautiful smart woman, not to mention a D&D and MMO gamer. Absolutely a blast to hang around with, and makes me feel like a million bucks. We get along great I find. How could a guy not like that? In the end though... I just know my feelings. Not too mention she heads off to Europe for 3 months in the summer. And then moves farther away after that for educational purposes. Now don't get me wrong, I am the last person that is going to let something trivial like distance stand in my way, but to think of holding back someone else from doing the things they are meant to do, is a different story. All will be fine though.

No matter though, I did cherish my time with her and we are good friends. I am happy with that, and will continue to be happy with that. Of course, I'll still go and visit and whatnot. She likes the Lemon Hart. Good ol' Lemon Hart.

We had fun. I have no regrets. Oh, and Superbad = teh shit. Wickedly funny movie.

I went to the doctor today, and had a chat with him. I was hoping for a referral to deal with my tonsils, but it turns out that 1) He won't give me a referral because at my age, there is a higher chance of fatalities with this operation (lots of blood loss) and 2) The tonsils aren't the problem. It may be the adnoids, he isn't quite sure. I need to go visit when the problem comes back. I did find out that I've lost a significant amount of weight from when I went for the sleep study. Before I left for California I was down over 40lbs from that weight, now I am still down about 28lbs. The doctor figures if I lose another 8kg (20lbs) I'll be just below the average weight for my height/age. I am stoked.

Played Softball tonight... Oh how I missed playing. I feel I did quite well too. Went 3 for 3, with a single, a triple (missed 2nd base, had to run back, so I guess its a double) and an in the park home run (we played at Rosevelt). Oh... and I was walked. I was happy though, my in the park homer, which Nina hates me for because I made her run from first - home turned out to be the mercying run. Yaaa!

So, life gets to get a bit busier here soon. It is crazy to sit back and look at my schedule coming after Thanksgiving.

Monday: Free night.
Tuesday: Raid
Wednesday: Curling
Thursday: Hockey
Friday: Bowling
Saturday: Raid
Sunday: Hockey.

Suffice to say, it is busy. I can't wait though, those things will help me with my task ahead.

I find myself stepping back a bit from worrying. I guess I have been worrying far too much about everyone and not nearly enough about myself. So I am going to find that balance. I will still worry... c'mon, its in my blood. But yeah, not going to worry as much. Besides, everyone seems to be getting better these days anyways.

Life seems to be looking up. While I am still in my single role, I am not finding myself complaining about it nearly as much. I accept my status in life at the moment, and am I patient person. My heart knows what it wants.

Other than that now I am just passing the time waiting for work, and enjoying being around friends, and chatting the nights away. Ooh, and enjoying playing LoTRO... except being ragged on for being a dwarf... that kinda sucks.

Alright, I am rambling now. Take care world, til next we meet.

-Exiled.

2 comments:

Rachel Henri said...

We love dwarves. Really. We just like to make fun of you and I'm bitter that I can't play one, since I refuse to be a gender faker. Yevon takes pot shots at my pointy ears all the time. I tell him he smells. And we mutually make fun of hobbits. It's all good.

Plus, I've never seen a better minstrel than a dwarf min.

*snuggles* Miss you!!!!!

Unknown said...

Well that is good to know. Deep down inside I really didn't want to make a new Guardian.

I did roll an elf Loremaster though. I wanted to fondle those ears so badly... *meow*

*hugs* Just stay strong til your birthday!!