Monday, October 6, 2008

Those Dreaded Dark Clouds...

I see them approach on the horizon. I know they are coming for me... I just don't know how to avoid them, how to get rid of them.

Have you ever found yourself in a position where you know that things can't be changed, but you still dare to hope? I've been in that position for a little bit now... but I think its finally hit me that I need to just let go of those thoughts and just focus on my life at hand.

This weekend was simply amazing though. These past two weeks rather. All drama aside, it was great to see one of our wonderful Kristin's come back and visit. Of course, circumstances weren't the best, but she still had a chance to visit and we thank her for that! It was wonderful to see you again!

I spent a lot of time this past week with another Kristin, working to help her setup anything she needed for the wedding, the party before and whatnot. While it was tough at some points, it was definitely worth it, as it was a huge success!

The wedding on Saturday was amazing. While the weather wasn't very pleasant it didn't damper our spirits one bit. I had the honor and pleasure of accompanying two wonderful Kristen/Kristin's to the wedding. The three of us were quite the stunning trio I must say. With the wedding itself, and the reception it was a great night to say the least.

A huge congratulations go out to Doug and Meagan on their wedding. I can't thank you enough for the opportunity to attend.

With weddings though, come the thoughts. I did well to keep my thoughts to myself through the wedding and whatnot, but one can't help but think about himself and where his life is taking him, when he sees something as life-changing, as a wedding.

I spent a few hours last night having discussions with a friend about such things... where life takes us, the things we can do to try and turn things in our favor, and ensure a happy life... Alas I need to remove one key component from my life to help with that. I need to stop thinking. Simply put, my mind is my biggest roadblock. I also realize I need to start leaving my safe zone, and start getting out of the norm that is me.

Those are things to look forward to. That and somehow remove these black clouds that are fast approaching.

Sorry it couldn't be more pleasant. There was definitely a lot of positives in these past weeks, but how often does positive material make it to this blog. Like... really...

This was a random post though... it had no real direction, so I apologize for the lackluster writing and the fragmented sentences. I'll try for a better post next time.

1 comment:

Rachel Henri said...

*snuggles and hugs* I banish those dark clouds with my +4 Rainbow Wand of Cloud Bane.

Darling, I know I can't help from so far away, but anytime you need an ear...I'm only a text away.